Look for Light
Terms and Conditions
For In Person Workshops and Circles
I will listen to and honor the physical and emotional needs of my body.
I take 100% responsibility for my experience and will investigate my triggers and own my projections.
I will ask for support when I need it.
I will do my best to show up in my full truth in each moment and invite every woman here to do the same.
I agree that everything shared in this space is 100% confidential.
Be Genuine. It’s OK to be completely honest here.
Create Space to Grow. For you and for others. Start with creating space to participate as much as you are able.
Loving and Candid Feedback AND a “No Coaching” Policy. It’s easy to want to help/ support / fix someone’s issue. Start with listening. Offer suggestions or recommendations only when specifically asked.
Guidelines for Emotional Support
When another woman is expressing emotion I WILL:
-Breathe fully into my body and track my sensations
-Listen and witness
-Defer to facilitator to hold space in large circle
-Place box of tissues within her reach
-Sit shoulder to shoulder with her if called
-Connect with empathy
I WILL NOT:
-Touch her *
-Hand her tissues
-Offer unsolicited advice or commentary at any time
*An emoting woman can ask for touch by reaching out to the woman next to her.
*You can ask if she would like touch or a hug if that feels right
Most of the side-effects reported while steaming are positive. Users have reported better sleep and lucid dreams, relaxation, decreased swelling in legs and feet, decreased abdominal bloating, slimmer waistline, increased libido and sexual sensation; increased vaginal nectar and fertility, decrease in breast soreness, fewer headaches, fewer PMS symptoms and improved emotional balance, increased circulation and energy, tingling feet, glowing skin, reduction in incidence of hormonal acne and increased lubrication and vaginal nectar, scar softening, tighter vaginal canal and harmonization with the moon cycle.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Steaming is a cleanse. Some of the possible signs the vaginal steaming is working is if you experience -- the urge to urinate while steaming, brown discharge after steaming, increased clots or cramps during the period, increased dry cramps, increased irregular vaginal discharge (white, green, thick, clumpy), emotional release, periods that come earlier or later than expected. All of these signs are a normal part of the cleansing process and these signs will go away once the cleanse is complete. Please note these changes and let your practitioner know of these positive changes.
1) Go to the bathroom directly prior to vaginal steaming.
2) Learn proper period care. Avoid tampon use and instead use cotton pads or period panties. The period is a uterine cleanse and if you support it the clots can easily clear out. Plugging up with tampons, on the other hand, prevents the old residue from clearing out and that is often the cause of cramping. It's also important to rest during the period and to eat the right foods. For more information about proper period care please take the course -- Moon Medicine: Radical Self-Care Practices for the Perfect Period -- available on the Steamy Chick website.
3) Increased vaginal discharge can be addressed by using cotton underwear liners and a peri- bottle throughout the day to clean mucus off the skin.
If steaming causes a rash, bumps, headaches itchiness, diarrhea or the onset of fresh spotting or inter-period bleeding, this could be a sign that your steam protocol or herbs might need to be adjusted or that there is an allergic reaction. If these signs occur please let your practitioner know so they can adjust the steam session as necessary or make a referral.
In 99% of all cases using a mild steam session and mild herbs will prevent any of the above signs from happening so it's very important that you give honest answers in this intake form so that the practitioner can set up a steam session that will fit your needs.
Please take a moment to carefully read the following information and sign where indicated. If you have a specific medical condition or specific symptoms, yoni steam baths may be contraindicated. A referral from your primary care provider may be required prior to service being provided.
I understand that vaginal steaming may have positive or negative side effects as a result of doing a vaginal steam session. I accept legal responsibility for my choice to do a vaginal steam session and waive the responsibility of the practitioner in the case that any of the named side effects (or others) may occur.
I understand that if I experience any pain or discomfort during any session, I will immediately inform the practitioner so that the protocol may be adjusted to my level of comfort. I further understand that vaginal/yoni steam baths should not be construed as a substitute for medical examination, diagnosis, or treatment and that I should see a physician, chiropractor, or other qualified medical specialist for any physical or mental ailment of which I am aware. I understand that the practitioner facilitating the vaginal/yoni steam bath is not qualified to diagnose, prescribe, and/or treat any physical or mental illness, and that nothing said in the course of any session given should be construed as such. Because vaginal/yoni steam baths should not be performed under certain medical conditions, I affirm that I have stated all of my known medical conditions, and answered all questions accurately, completely, and honestly. I agree to keep the practitioner updated as to any changes in my medical profile and understand that there shall be no liability on the practitioner's part should I forget to do so. I am aware and I understand there is a possibility that my IUD can come out due to a Vaginal Steam Bath. This has been explained to me and I am going ahead with the Vaginal Steam Bath at my own risk. I understand that I am having this vaginal/yoni steam bath at my own risk and hereby release Jessica Kent Lipinski from any liability.
I agree to pay for any classes, services and or art through the accepted forms of payment: PayPal, Venmo, and cash/check.
No refunds shall be given after payment has been made. Paid money can be transferred to different classes & events if needed.
This agreement (“Agreement”) is made by the registered person (the “Primary Participant”), an adult who hereby represents and warrants that he/she has the authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement, to release and indemnify Jessica Kent Lipinski, (the “Teacher”), as set forth below. The Primary Participant has or wishes to participate in activities in whatever capacities applicable, including, but not limited to, stretching, dancing, and balancing (“Embodiment Practice”).
THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT (sometimes referred to herein as the “Release”), is entered into by the undersigned in favor of the Teacher and other persons or entities affiliated with the Teacher. In consideration of my being permitted by the Teacher to participate in Embodiment Practices with the Teacher, I acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. ASSUMPTION OF RISK I HEREBY AGREE THAT I AM AWARE THAT PARTICIPATION IN EMBODIMENT PRACTICES MAY RESULT IN ACCIDENT OR INJURY AND I ASSUME THE RISK CONNECTED WITH THE PARTICIPATION IN EMBODIMENT PRACTICES. I WARRANT THAT I AM IN GOOD HEALTH AND THAT I SUFFER FROM NO PHYSICAL IMPAIRMENT(S) WHICH WOULD LIMIT MY ABILITY TO DO EMBODIMENT PRACTICES. I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY ARISING FROM EMBODIMENT PRACTICES, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE TEACHER OR OTHERWISE. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT JESSICA KENT LIPINSKI HAS NOT AND WILL NOT RENDER ANY MEDICAL SERVICES INCLUDING MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OF MY PHYSICAL CONDITION. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE BEEN EXAMINED BY A LICENSED PHYSICIAN WITHIN THE PAST SIX (6) MONTHS WHO HAS FOUND ME TO BE IN GOOD HEALTH AND FULLY ABLE TO PERFORM ALL EMBODIMENT PRACTICES WHICH I AM TO LEARN AND PERFORM DURING MY TIME WITH JESSICA KENT LIPINSKI.
2. RELEASE On behalf of myself, my heirs, distributes, guardians, legal representatives, and assigns, I HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE TEACHER FROM ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, RIGHTS, CAUSES OF ACTION, AND LIABILITIES, EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, based upon my bodily injury, disability, illness, disease, death, financial loss, property loss, damage, or destruction, or other harm of whatever nature, whether foreseen or unforeseen, that may be sustained or suffered by me or by any other person as a direct or indirect consequence of my participation in Embodiment Practices, whether caused by the negligence of the Teacher or otherwise.
3. INDEMNIFICATION I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE TEACHER from and against all claims, lawsuits, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney fees) arising from or in connection with the injury, illness, or death of myself or any other person whom I bring or invite to participate, or the damage, destruction or loss of my or his/her personal property.
4. REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTIES I represent and warrant that (a) I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT CAREFULLY, AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL OF ITS TERMS AND PROVISIONS; (b) I am 18 years of age or older, and am legally competent to enter into this Release; (c) no promise, inducement, agreement has been offered or made to me in connection with my execution and delivery of this Release; and (d) I HAVE KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY EXECUTED AND DELIVERED THIS RELEASE AT MY OWN RISK AND INITIATION, AND MY OWN FREE WILL, WITHOUT RELYING ON ANY STATEMENTS.
REPRESENTATION OF THE TEACHER. I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS RELEASE IS A RELEASE OF LEGAL AND EQUITABLE LIABILITY, IN THE EVENT OF ANY LITIGATION, THIS RELEASE MAY BE RAISED AS A DEFENSE THERETO, AND AS A WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LEGAL RIGHTS THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE ASSERTED BY ME OR BY MY RESPECTIVE HEIRS, DISTRIBUTES, GUARDIANS, LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES, AND ASSIGNS.
5. SEVERABILITY if one or more of the provisions of this Release are held to be unenforceable under applicable law, each unenforceable provision shall be excluded from this Release, and the balance of this Release as so interpreted shall be interpreted as if such unenforceable provision were excluded, and the balance of this Release as so interpreted shall be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
6. ATTORNEY FEES In the event any action is brought to enforce or interpret the terms of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to an award of all costs and expenses incurred, including without limitation, court costs, reasonable attorney fees, expert costs, and disbursements.
7. CHOICE OF LAW This Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of California. Any court action shall be adjudicated in SANTA CLARA COUNTY.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT This Agreement contains the entire understanding between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter contained herein. There are no representations, agreements, arrangements, or understandings, oral, written, expressed, or implied, between or among the parties hereto relating to the subject matter of this Agreement which are not fully expressed herein.
9. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge that Jessica Kent Lipinski has the right to refuse service to anyone, including me, for any reason.
I hereby release Jessica Lipinski from all liability arising from any lawsuit arising from any and all events and activities, including travel to and from activities. I understand I participate at my own risk and declare myself to be physically sound and able.